Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Overlapping Worlds

 


Overlapping Worlds


Thanks for bringing me flowers

Across the fields to my name on a stone

You must’ve come a long way

To escape not to feel so alone


I know you miss me

I miss you more than you’ll know

Wishing I could’ve stayed

Or hear you laugh over the phone


Some things do last

Like our initials on the tree that’s grown

You can still climb it

And sit up tall like it’s your thrown


You can see the horizon

And watch as the dandelions are blown

Hold me in your heart

And know you’re never on your own


Even after our tree has fallen

Even after the forest is skin and bones

There’ll always be a place

Where our souls can roam


Love Always,

Lainey


Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pulse

  Pulse There’s a pulse in the middle of nowhere And it calls to me I can feel it come in ripples  Suddenly and calming  I can hear it far o...