Sunday, December 29, 2019

Cracks of Light


Ocean salt falls between the cracks
Burns before it heals
Numb to the feel
Unfamiliar but it’s nice

Earth shakes the ground breaks
The world is upside down
Don’t look both ways
Maybe it’s just a phase
So many days I’ve lost count

The sun falls with the sky 
Another night to do this right
At least that’s what I tell myself
A truth I’ll never tell
It’s just not worth the fight 

That’s the part that stays in the dark
Can’t hide the broken pieces
When light bleeds through them
Don’t look for patterns tracing these lines
You’ll get lost in what’s yours and mine

Love always,
Lainey


Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pulse

  Pulse There’s a pulse in the middle of nowhere And it calls to me I can feel it come in ripples  Suddenly and calming  I can hear it far o...