Saturday, January 5, 2019

Home in the Shadow

for a second
I studied your eyes
that's how you got me
we were exposed
truth lies behind your skies
you taught me how to see
 
walk past the signs
that hit us in the face
this world is way too small
taste the oceans
left without a trace
 why can't we have it all?
 
we don't need their eyes
 undressing our flaws
we're running out of time
as they conceal their claws
pretend to believe their lies
with our smiles and nods
 
it'll buy us time
they can't afford to keep
truth is coming
 
moonbeams find us
in the middle of the road
there's comfort in the night
don't be afraid
find a home in the shadow
where they can't take our light
…they can't take our light
 
 
 
Love Always,
Lainey

 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pulse

  Pulse There’s a pulse in the middle of nowhere And it calls to me I can feel it come in ripples  Suddenly and calming  I can hear it far o...