Wednesday, September 5, 2018

In This Lifetime

I know this place
I've been lost here before
How much of this life is already decided?
How much do we own?
When there's comfort in a heartbeat
and find someone called home

There's life between the pauses
there's beauty in loss we can't see
I tried to bury the maps written by stars
covered in dust from lifetimes ago
but what's meant to be will be
and there's comfort in knowing we're never alone

sometimes I feel so empty handed
trying not to take this life for granted
trying so hard
and sometimes it's harder to speak into reality
hoping maybe it's all a dream
or maybe it's just me
lost in another lifetime looking for signs

I'm trying to get used to change
a test of strength and humility
but at some point it all goes away
and we're left more confused than ever before
fighting not to let the world change us
holding tight to our heart half torn

I guess the test is to stay true
through the painful bumps and bruises
radiate your light through the dark
and use this life to find the ones looking for you
who knew you in all these lifetimes and the next
the ones we never truly lose

Love Always,
Lainey



 Copyright © 2018. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pulse

  Pulse There’s a pulse in the middle of nowhere And it calls to me I can feel it come in ripples  Suddenly and calming  I can hear it far o...