Friday, September 1, 2017

The Naked Eye

The naked eye is limited to a certain range of vision.  Seeing is not always believing.  If we don't see it, it doesn't mean it's not there.  If we do see it, we can each perceive and interpret it differently.  However, there is a basic human instinct, let's call it morals, where we each have an internal compass guiding us to know the difference between right and wrong.  Then there are those infamous philosophic questions like the one from Quantum Theory... If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?  Some would argue no (for those wanting to relate this to the human experience), but I say, "Yes" (for arguments sake relating this to the physical phenomenon).  If a person did a good deed without posting it on social media, did they do good even if they didn't receive any acknowledgment or "Likes"?  Ummm.... an astounding YES!  Okay, these scenarios are like apples and oranges, but you get the gist!  Things still happen with or without witnesses.  Sound waves still penetrate the air... because science says so... and people can still cause a growing ripple in this world by doing what inspires them; by doing what makes them feel good by doing right.  This blog is my sound wave, my ripple that you can see with the naked eye.  

There are a number of reasons why I started this blog:

1. Leaving my comfort zones by learning to break free by speaking more freely.  I am a sucker for random and deep conversations but I also express myself through journaling and poetry. 

2. There's lots of special things my mama taught me that I feel deserve to be shared.  She was always so progressive, and I strive to keep up and make her and my loved ones proud by staying true to myself and not hold back.  My mama taught me to stay wild and not to be afraid to be brave.  My dad taught me to put family first and that unconditional love exists.  These lessons along with others have always inspired me and I hope they inspire you too.

3.  It's therapeutic and will only truly benefit me if I speak the truth.  I believe it's important to write about and discuss things that are good as well as bad... and use this as a way to navigate through questions and topics that may either raise awareness to something or help others who may be going through the same or similar things.  There were times when I felt shut out (lied about) and silenced, and this is a platform where I can focus on the truths... and let them outshine the lies.  

    
In the next 24 hours Asteroid Florence will be visible by the naked eye all over the world.  *Cue Aerosmith song from Armageddon, I Don't Want to Miss a Thing.* According to NASA, "Asteroid Florence is the biggest near-Earth object ever detected at 3 miles wide and at a hair's distance of just 4 million miles away," - incredible isn't it?!  Looking up at the sky or out at the world while standing at a high view point really puts things into perspective.  Where should our focus be?  What matters?  We are so small, and we are here for just a short amount of time.  We pick our battles.  We hold our tongues.  Bite our lips.  Speak our minds.  Watch.  Struggle.  Life it too short and we are too small to hold so much inside.  Let it out (within reason and constructively of course).  I want to promote standing up for what you believe is right.  Promoting LOVE, not hate. Promoting TRUTH, not perpetuating fears.   

Let the exposure and vulnerability of our naked eyes allow us to see beyond what's just in front of us.  Look past the horizon.  Find comfort in knowing that things still happen, with or without witnesses.  Today, I hope you look to the sky and see Asteroid Florence with your naked eyes as you're reminded not to miss a thing (thanks Aerosmith!).  There's light from behind the dark just as Florence is making her debut.  There's no reason to hold back now.  Be bold.  Be brave.  Be true.          


Love Always,
Lainey



Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pulse

  Pulse There’s a pulse in the middle of nowhere And it calls to me I can feel it come in ripples  Suddenly and calming  I can hear it far o...